Groote Schuur Hospital
SALARY : R145 281 per annum
CENTRE : Groote Schuur Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: General Education and Training Certificate (GETC)/Grade 9 (Std7).
- Experience: Appropriate experience in operating an electronic switchboard, a messaging and paging system.
- Inherent requirements of the job: Willingness to work shifts, night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Work overtime when required by operational needs.
- Physically able to hear and speak clearly.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to operate an electronic switchboard.
- Excellent listening skills and telephone etiquette.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
DUTIES : (key result areas/outputs): Manage switchboard, answer telephonic queries and deliver messages. Ensure that switchboard and telephone equipment is in working order. Monitor, place and record all cellular, national and international calls made. Effectively perform duties in the paging office including sending of bulk sms’. Report all faults to Telkom and other technical service providers. Assist with administration duties at the Telephone Exchange.
ENQUIRIES : Mr JC Corner, Tel No: (021) 404-2303 APPLICATION : The Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital, Private Bag X4, Observatory, 7935.
FOR ATTENTION : Mr MS Benjamin NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. CLOSING DATE : 22 October 2021